- Student deadline: February 28
- Graduate program deadline (if applicable): March 15
Student type: Domestic and International students are eligible for this scholarship program.
Level of study: Master’s or doctoral
Study area: Multiculturalism, Human Rights, Cultural Diversity, Racism or similar areas
Scholarship value: One award up to $8,000
Description: The Armand and Denise La Barge Graduate Scholarship in Multiculturalism will be awarded annually to a graduate student enrolled at York University. To be eligible for the Scholarship the recipient must demonstrate academic excellence in their field of study. This award reflects the La Barges’ outstanding contributions in fighting racism and promoting peaceful co-existence of citizens in a multicultural environment by supporting graduate students whose work relates to Multiculturalism, Human Rights, Cultural Diversity, Racism, or similar areas.
- Full–time registered Master’s or doctoral York graduate student;
- Incoming or current student;
- Domestic and international students are both eligible for this scholarship;
- Selection criteria includes:
- All full-time graduate students are eligible to apply. Preference will be given to students whose work relates to Multiculturalism, Human Rights, Cultural Diversity, Racism or similar areas;
- Academic accomplishments.
How to apply:
- Students must submit the following in one PDF document through the Award Submission Portal:
- Award Application Form: the applicant’s statement section should outline how the student’s research is aligned with the scope of the award;
- A current Curriculum Vitae;
- Official or unofficial transcripts. A copy of grades from the student account is acceptable. Must include the last two years or all years of graduate studies.
- Online Student Financial Profile must also be completed by the student submission deadline.