Closing date: Varies
Student type: Domestic and International students are eligible for this scholarship program.
Level of study: Higher Degree by Research
Study area: Any
Scholarship value: Base stipend of $28,092 per annum tax free (2020 rate), indexed annually, Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC). Base stipend of $28,597 per annum tax free (2021 rate), indexed annually
UQ Graduate School Scholarships (UQGSS) are awarded to domestic and international students.
Students will be awarded either an Australian Government Research Training Program (RTP) Scholarship or a UQ-funded scholarship via a competitive process.
Both of these provide a living allowance and a tuition fee offset. For international applicants who will study in Australia on a student visa, the scholarship also includes an allowance for single overseas student health cover.
- be nominated by an enrolling school or institute at UQ
- be assessed by the Graduate School as meeting all conditions for admission to the higher degree by research program.
- not be receiving a living allowance award, or scholarship providing a benefit greater than 75% of the RTP Scholarship living allowance rate to undertake the higher degree by research program.
How to apply:
- check your eligibility for a PhD (MPhil eligibility differs)*
- Make sure you Identify a researcher with relevant expertise and get their agreement to support your project.
- prepare your documentation
- If you are a current HDR candidate please speak to your HDR LIaison Officer as the application process will differ.