Deadline: November 1st, 2019
Scholarship Description: The fund is intended to support the internationalisation of Kiel University as a place to study, do research and teach and to stimulate conceptual thinking in the area of internationalisation. It is also meant to initiate new structural developments.
After a successful start of the fund for internationalisation in 2013, the University Board has decided to renew the program for 2019 and the following years. Funding in the amount of €120,000 is available for 2020.
Projects with a one-year validity (2020)
- the introduction of international modules and windows of mobility in English
- the organization of international doctorate workshops and scientific workshops
- the support of incoming and outgoing guest lecturers
- the co-financing of Summer Schools and high-ranking international conferences
Projects with a multi-year validity (max. 3 years, 2020 – 2022)
- Multi-year workshop series with foreign partners (e.g. alternating in Kiel and abroad)
- Establishment of a cooperation network with foreign partners (such as the “Bildungshanse”)
- Joint student excursions (not compulsory excursions)
- Other (research) collaborations of several years duration
- Co-financing of third-party funding applications (e.g., DAAD, etc.).
Eligible Nationalities: All members of staff at Kiel University
- Projects with a one-year validity (2020) Projects at various levels and for variable amounts (approx. 1,000 – 20,000 €) may be funded.
- Projects with a multi-year validity (max. 3 years, 2020 – 2022) Projects at various levels and for variable amounts (approx. 1,000 – 7,000 € per year) may be funded
Eligibility Criteria: All members of staff at Kiel University are eligible to apply for funding, except for members of the IPN and the faculty of medicine (pre-clinical institutions may apply) and the Leibniz Institute for Science and Mathematics Education – IPN.
Dr. Martina Schmode Andreas Ritter
International Center International Center
Address: Westring 400 Address: Westring 400
24118 Kiel 24118 Kiel
Room: 02.14 Room: 02.11
Phone: +49(0)431-880-3719 Phone: +49(0)431-880-1706
The University of Kiel, officially the Christian-Albrecht University of Kiel, is a university in the city of Kiel, Germany. It was founded in 1665 as the Academia Holsatorum Chiloniensis by Christian Albert, Duke of Holstein-Gottorp and has approximately 27,000 students today.