Deadline: 4 May 2020
Scholarship Description: The Dalara Foundation Engineering Scholarship was established to support students from regional and remote areas in Queensland who experienced financial disadvantage and to give them an opportunity of an education they may otherwise not have had.
Degree Level: Undergraduate
Available Subjects: Any engineering discipline is eligible, but there is a preference for a student studying in any field or fields of engineering within the discipline areas of mechanical, mechatronic, mining or mining and geotechnical engineering.
Eligible Nationalities: Domestic students are eligible for this scholarship program.
Scholarship Benefits: $10,000
- are a domestic student in accordance with the University’s Student Fees Policy
- can provide documentary evidence of financial disadvantage
- are enrolled full-time in the approved program
- has, at the time of application, completed at least 12 units at The University of Queensland, but not more than 27 units towards the Approved Program;
- in the three years immediately prior to the award, completed their secondary studies at a high school in a regional and remote area or completed secondary studies as a boarder whilst having a permanent address in a regional and remote area
- does not hold a scholarship that the Associate Dean considers to be similar; and
- submits an application to the Associate Dean by the closing date for applications.
Application Procedure: Download rules