Closing date: Closed for the 2020-2021 academic year
Student type: Canadian institutions are eligible for this scholarship program.
Level of study: Varies
Study area: Any
Scholarship value: Varies
The Emerging Leaders in the Americas Program (ELAP) scholarships provide students from Latin America and the Caribbean with short-term exchange opportunities for study or research, in Canada, at the college, undergraduate and graduate levels.
- interested in this scholarship program should first contact their home institution;
- must provide a letter of intent that describes the nature of their research or studies to be undertaken, that explains the rationale for study in Canada and for the choice of institution, program and supervisor, and that indicates how the proposed program of study or research will relate to their future career; and
- do not apply on their own behalf.
How to apply:
Canadian institutions must:
- Complete an online application for each candidate.
- Institutions which do not have an account first need to Register an account.
- Once the account is created and activated, they will need to log in. Under “For Non-Canadians” section, scroll down to the Emerging Leaders in the Americas Program and click on Apply Now.
- Enter data in the fields marked mandatory, following instructions for each item, or copy and paste it from another source. Note that:
- the name of the candidate must be exactly the same as it is on their passport; and
- the official name of the candidate’s home institution must be provided in their national language.
- Upload all required supporting documents.
- Upon completion, verify the data prior to submission.
- Print the form for their records using the print function in the browser.
- Click SUBMIT to provide their form electronically to the Department of Foreign Affairs, Trade and Development (DFATD). The institution will receive a confirmation message and reference number once their form is submitted.