Closing date: Applicants can apply anytime
Student type: International students are eligible for this scholarship program.
Level of study: Master
Study area: Any
Scholarship value: NZ$15,000 stipend per annum plus a tuition fee waiver for 1 year capped at the domestic rate for Master’s study (excludes student services fee and insurance)
The University of Otago International Research Master’s Scholarship provides funding to support international Master’s students studying at the University of Otago.
- obtaining their first Master’s qualification
- international students
- undertaking a thesis-based Master’s
- Download the University of Otago Postgraduate Research Scholarship Regulations. (PDF, 386KB)
How to apply:
Applications are made online through the eVision portal after applying for admission to a programme. The application form will be available through an alert at one of the following times:
- when applying for admission (if the degree is by thesis only, or if the thesis will begin straight away) – you will receive an alert in your eVision portal after applying for admission to your programme, inviting you to apply for a scholarship; or,
- just before the thesis component is about to begin (usually at the start of the second year for a master’s degree by papers and thesis) – you will receive an alert in your eVision portal after enrolling in your thesis paper.