1 The scholarship shall be known as the Massey University Mathematics Scholarship.
2. The value of the scholarship will normally be $1,000 tenable for one year, but on occasion this may be split between two equally deserving candidates.
3. The scholarship shall be awarded to a student who achieved well in the Semester 1 100 level mathematics paper (160.102) who meets the eligibility requirements stated in Regulation 4.
4. To be eligible for the award of the scholarship students must be enrolled full time for the BSc degree and meeting the 100 level majoring requirements in mathematics at Massey University (Palmerston North Campus) and indicates in his/her letter of application a desire to continue his/her study of mathematics.
5. The scholarship may be held concurrently with any other bursary or scholarship, provided that the rules of the other award allow this.
6. Applications close on 30 July in the year that the award is to be made.
7. Payment will be made in September.