The Western Victoria Primary Health Network Nurse Practitioner Scholarship has been established to support students enrolled in a Master of Nursing Practice at Deakin University.
Applications for Trimester 2 2019 open 5 June 2019.
Applications for Trimester 2 2019 close 10 July 2019 5pm.
One-off payment of up to $10 000.
Prospective candidates should ensure they meet all criteria before submitting their application.
To be eligible you must:
- be enrolled in H771 Masters of Nursing Practice in Trimester 2 2019
- commit to undertaking the Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) approved Medication – Assisted Treatment for Opioid Dependence (MATOD) Module 1 (online) and Module 2 (face-to-face) training through Royal Australian College of General Practitioners (RACGP) to gain expertise and competence as an opioid pharmacotherapy prescriber. View training course here.
Preference will be given to students who:
- are currently working in alcohol and other drug (AOD) service delivery and/or Mental Health, or are working towards a speciality domain of practice that enables endorsed Nurse Practitioners to prescribe Schedule 8 opioid analgesics and work in a primary care/community care/general practice environment
- have a commitment to practising in the Barwon South West region
- are willing to obtain the endorsement/confirmation regarding the benefit of the training from their employing organisation.