The scholarships are for students who meet at least one of our widening participation criteria and/or students who achieve a first in their undergraduate degree.
If your application is successful you can use the scholarship towards fees or living expenses – the choice is yours.
You can apply for a scholarship if you meet all of the following four criteria:
- You’ll be studying a taught postgraduate course full-time or part-time for a maximum of four years.
- You’re domiciled in the UK or European Union and are not charged international rate fees.
- You’re not already qualified at masters level, or higher.
- You’re self funded. Courses fully funded by the NHS or the Initial Teacher Training bursary, or courses that are eligible for undergraduate funding such as integrated masters are not eligible.
And one or both of the following:
- You’re from a group that is evidentially under-represented among the institution’s taught masters population – see the widening participation criteria below.
- You’ve already achieved or currently predicted a first class undergraduate degree – see the academic merit criteria below.