Research Council studentships (PhD) for Home/EU students in Imperial College London

Residence requirements

There are residence requirements which are mainly in line with Home/EU fee status classification – see the overseas fees liability information and also the relevant guidance on each research council website. In addition, candidates must have applied for admission at Imperial College London, and be holding an offer, at the time of nomination.

Academic qualifications

Candidates must have a good Honours degree from a British academic institution. For a research studentship this must be a first or upper second class Honours degree; for an advanced course studentship, it should be a first or second class Honours degree. Research Councils may also accept qualifications or a combination of qualifications and experience that shows equivalent ability and attainment.


Category: UK