AUN Program is a full scholarship established by MOE for candidates from ASEAN member countries.
I Supporting Categories, Duration and Instruction Language
1. Supporting Category
This scholarship only supports graduate students.
This scholarship supports master’s students for no more than 3 academic years or doctoral students for no more than 4 academic years. It covers major study and Chinese language study.
3. Instruction Language
Scholarship students can register for either the Chinese-taught program or the English-taught program if applicable. Program Search (By visiting http://www.csc.edu.cn/studyinchina or http://www.campuschina.org) can help you find the program and university you’re interested in.
II Scholarship Coverage
The AUN Program provides a full scholarship which covers, tuition waiver, accommodation, stipend, and comprehensive medical insurance. Please refer to Introduction to CGS—Coverage and Standard for details of each item.
IIIWhere and When to Apply
Where to Apply
You should apply to the ASEAN University Network (AUN) Secretariat.
When to Apply
You need to apply between early January and early April. Please consult the ASEAN University Network (AUN) Secretariat for the specific deadline of each year.
1. Applicants must be a citizen of an ASEAN member country(Brunei, Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand and Vietnam), and be in good health.
2. The requirements for applicants’ degree and age are that applicants must:
be a bachelor’s degree holder under the age of 35 when applying for the master’s programs;
be a master’s degree holder under the age of 40 when applying for the doctoral programs.
Step 1 – Apply to the AUN Secretariat for CGS opportunity.
Step 2 – Apply to your target university for the Pre-admission Letter once recommended by the dispatching authorities as an eligible candidate.
Step 3 – Complete the online application procedure at CGS Information Management System for International Students (Visithttp://www.csc.edu.cn/studyinchina orhttp://www.campuschina.org and click “Application Online” to log in), submit online the completed Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship, and print a hard copy. Please consult the AUN Secretariat for Instructions of CGS Information Management System for International Students and Agency Number.
Step 4 – Submit all your application documents to the AUN Secretariat before the deadline.
Only applications of recommended candidates from the AUN Secretariat will be considered. No other applications or individual application directly sent to CSC will be considered. Candidates holding the Pre-admission Letter will be placed in the host university; those without the Pre-admission Letter should accept CSC’s placement of university.
VIApplication Documents (in duplicate)
1. Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship（written in Chinese or English）;
2. Notarized highest diploma;
Prospective diploma recipients must submit official document issued by your current school to prove your current student status or expected graduation date. Documents in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized Chinese or English translations.
3. Academic transcripts (written in Chinese or English);
Transcripts in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized Chinese or English translations.
4. A Study Plan or Research Proposal (written in Chinese or English);
This should be a minimum of 800 words.
5. Two Recommendation Letters (written in Chinese or English);
Applicants for the graduate programs or the senior scholar programs must submit two recommendation letters signed by professors or associate professors.
6. Foreigner Physical Examination Form (photocopy), (The original copy will be kept by yourself and the form is uniformly printed by Chinese healthy quarantine departments. It must be written in English and can be downloaded from http://www.csc.edu.cn/studyinchina or http://www.campuschina.org).The physical examinations must cover all of the items listed in the Foreigner Physical Examination Form. Incomplete forms or forms without the signature of the attending physician, or the official stamp of the hospital, or a sealed photograph of the applicant are considered as invalid. Please carefully plan your physical examination schedule as the result is valid for only 6 months.
7. The copy of Pre-admission Letter from designated Chinese university (if available);
8.The copy of valid HSK Certificate (if available).
All documents should be bound together on top left corner in the order of 6.1 to 6.8.
You should submit TWO sets of bound documents.
No application documents will be returned.
VIIPlacement & Scholarship Confirmation
1. Application documents of recommended candidates from the AUN Secretariat will be considered by CSC for eligibility and qualification. Ineligible or incomplete applications will not be considered.
2. Qualified applications will be sent to universities for placement. Based on various factors, such as the different scholarship funding requirements of every country, the host university’s teaching capacity, study length and applicants’ criteria, CSC reserves the right to make necessary adjustments/changes to the candidate’s host university, field of study, supporting categories and duration of scholarship. Applications enclosed with the Pre-admission Letter will be sent to the universities who issued that Letter for placement confirmation.
3. After placement confirmation by Chinese universities, scholarship recipients will get Chinese government scholarships to study in China with approval by CSC. Each scholarship recipient will be granted with no more than one scholarship.
4. CSC reviews the placement results, approves the List of Scholarship Recipients and sends the admission documents to the AUN Secretariat before July 31st. The AUN Secretariat will send the admission documents (List of Scholarship Recipients and Visa Application Form for Study in China (JW201)) to the scholarship recipients.
5.Scholarship recipients shall not allowed to change their host university, field of study, or duration of study stipulated on the Admission Letter after their coming to China.
6.Scholarship will not be reserved if scholarship recipient cannot register before the registration deadline.
VIII Contact Information of AUN Secretariat
Mr. Pasita Marukee (ASEAN University Network Secretariat)
Tel: +66-2-2153640 ext.102
Email: aun. pasita @gmail.com
Address: 17th Floor, Chaloem Rajakumari 60 Building, Chulalongkorn University, Phayathai Rd, Patumwan, Bangkok, Thailand
IX Division of International Students Affairs, China Scholarship Council
Email: [email protected]
Address: Division of International Students Affairs, China Scholarship Council
Level 13, Building A3, No.9 Chegongzhuang Avenue, Beijing, P. R. China.